Friday, May 27, 2011

A Healthy Life

Ryan and I have been talking about the importance of modeling a healthy lifestyle for our kids for a few months now.  We have always wanted to get into great eating habits and make exercise just part of our routine, but there always seemed to be a reason why it wouldn't work.  Workouts take too long, fresh food is too expensive....  And, you know what? It's true.  But at the end of April we decided it doesn't matter anymore, living a healthy lifestyle is going to be a priority for us.  So beginning May 1 I decided that we were going to eat dramatically different.  With the exception of a handful of meals I have eaten salad two times a day (and yes I'm making sure to get protein) and a healthful breakfast with minimal snacks and RARELY something sweet (a cookie).  Rarely is in all caps because typically I would eat sweets throughout the day.... not a good idea!  We have also decided to start running and are beginning with training for a 5k.  This is week 4 of training and going very well so far... I'm even enjoying it!  So we are definitely on the right track.

After hearing some stories and learning more about AdvoCare (a nutrition system, I would say) we have become very interested and are going to begin adding it to our diet.  I will begin the 24 day challenge next week (when it arrives at my house) and am so excited for the 10 day cleanse in particular.  So I decided I'm going to blog a little bit about my journey, see what happens, see if I can lose the last of the dreaded baby weight, and most importantly see how incredible I'll feel.  I am really excited!  This past four weeks I have felt so good (and lost 5 lbs and 3 inches so far)... I'm so glad to be getting healthy and make it a lifestyle; not a fad!

No comments:

Post a Comment